1. Adults Activity Day
Start Point : Flavour Cafe RH18 5ES
End Point : Royal Ashdown Golf Club RH18 5HZ
Duration : 8 hours
Distance : Cycling to Withyham and back 12 miles. Driving to the Golf Club and returning to Forest Row – 2 miles
- Park the car in Forest Row village and walk to Flavour Cafe for full english breakfast.
- Walk 50 yards down the road to Future Cycles and hire Mountain bikes for a ½ day. It is suggested that you book the bike hire in advance – Tel : 01342 822847. Cycle down the disused railway line through pretty countryside to Hartfield and on to Withyham. The return journey can be extended by cycling on through Forest Row to Turners Hill or East Grinstead.
- Return the bikes to Future Cycles and then walk back to the Chequers Inn Hotel for lunch.
- Drive up the High Street towards Eastbourne and after 50 yards turn left towards Hartfield. Take first turn on the right into Chapel Way and follow the signs up the hill to the Golf Club. Go to reception to check in. This historic Golf Club used to be part of the international golfing circuit and has two different courses. Golf equipment and instruction is available on request.
- Drive back into Forest Row town and park. Enjoy drinks in the newly refurbished gardens at the Brambletye Hotel before having dinner in the restaurant.
- Consider extending your stay – stay overnight at the Brambletye or one of the many accommodation options in the area.
Sites Visited :
- Flavour Cafe
- Future Cycles
- Chequers Inn Hotel
- Royal Ashdown Golf Club
- Brambletye Hotel