The Ashdown Forest Tourism Association (AFTA)
What is the Ashdown Forest Tourism Association?
AFTA is a membership group that helps to promote over 150 tourism associated businesses based on and near the beautiful Ashdown Forest.
The group was started in 2004 and consists of a wide range of organisations which are listed under the categories of :
- Places to Stay – Bed and Breakfasts, Self Catering, Camp sites, Hotels, International Country House Hotels and Spas
- Places to Eat – Pubs, restaurants, tea rooms, cafes and wine bars
- Places to Visit – Farm shops, animal parks, craft centres, art galleries, museums and more
- Activities – Climbing, crafts, walking, golf, orienteering, den building, activity centres
- Local Shopping – Antiques, artifacts from around the world, clothing, toys, garden centres, gift shops, farm shops and craft shops
- Conference Venues – A wide selection of venues from small meeting rooms to 5 star conference venues
- Local Information and Services – Local Government, Tourism Offices, Taxi, Printers and more
What are the aims of the group?
- to build a strong business support network across the Ashdown Forest area
- to promote and develop sustainable tourism on the Forest
- to ensure that a business voice is included in local decision making.
What are the benefits of Joining AFTA?
- A listing with photos on our popular website – www.ashdownforest.com
- Location and Contact details on our Member’s map (40k copies printed annually)
- Free link from our website to member’s websites
- Whats On listings on our website – including regular events such as Quiz Nights
- Additional promotion via local radio and social networking
- Regular Newsletters
- Regular Members Meetings to include leaflet exchanges and topical speakers
- Joint marketing opportunities
- Preferential rates for joint membership with Tourism South East
- Dedicated email and phone support
- John Smith, Perryhill Orchard, Hartfield. T : 078111 05128 E : email@example.com (Chairman)
- Juliet Murray, Cogcraft Art Studios, Nutley T : 01825 712565 E : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jacqui Wilcox, Becketts B&B, Cowden, Kent. T : 01342 850514 E : email@example.com
- Jenny Sharman, Brambletye Hotel, Forest Row T : 01342 824144 E : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sylvia Martin, Laurel Cottage, Baxters Lane, Chelwood Gate T : 01825 740547 E : email@example.com
- Robin Wood, Field View, Chelwood Gate. T : 01825 740562 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about membership of AFTA or for a copy of our FREE map of Ashdown Forest and the AFTA business members please contact :
Barbara Hibbart: E : email@example.com T : 01435 863091